If you haven’t already jumped on the athluxury bandwagon, now would be the time: The sneaker gods have blessed us with some serious shoespiration for Spring 2018. Dare to be seen in a pair of space-age-inspired Balenciaga gym shoes, seek comfort in commuter-friendly (albeit chunky) Dad trainers, or make a statement with sky-high platforms. Scroll on for the 13 sneaker trends that are about to blow up your Instagram feed.
1. Mixed Media Kicks: Sneakers boasting futuristic details, like mesh panels and intergalactic add-ons, are out-of-this-world. Brit + Co Pick: Steve Madden Arctic Sneaker($90)
2. Over the Rainbow: Embrace a colorful outlook one ROYGBIV stripe at a time. Trainers with a splash of color will turn heads, whether on the courts or en route to the office. Brit + Co Pick: Loeffler Randall Logan Sneaker ($325)
3. Epic Color Blocking: Put a spring in your step with fluorescent color-blocked soles that were practically made for the ‘gram. This white, speckled pair from Koio’s exclusive collab with ceramicist Ben Medansky just may be our dream shoe. Brit + Co Pick: Koio x Ben Medansky ($348)
4. Anything BUT Plain White: Souped-up white sneakers with all the bells and whistles aren’t up for debate this season. Fans of Stan (you know who) will flock to this sleek pair featuring 3D glitter embellishments. Brit + Co Pick: & Other Stories Glitter Embellished Sneakers ($125)
5. Throwback Retro Styles: Before there was Fenty x Puma, we had FILA. Traffic-stopping potential aside, these high-shine metallic trainers will have you channeling the early aughts — give or take a Champion sweatshirt. Brit + Co Pick: FILA Disruptor II Metallic Sneaker($75)
6. Vintage-Inspired High-Tops: Don’t hang up your OG Converse high-tops just yet. Reimagined with a terry cloth logo, these white kicks are as street-approved as they come. Brit + Co Pick: Converse White Chuck Taylor All Star 70 Woodmark Wool High-Top Sneakers($100)
7. Air Max Is Back: Move over Air Force Ones — Nike’s back with their latest generation of Air Max trainers, and every style influencer is here for it. Between the extra cushy sole and the pastel-hued wavy uppers, what’s not to love? Brit + Co Pick: Nike Air Max 95 Calf Hair, Suede, and Mesh Sneakers ($190)
8. Spice Girl Platforms: The sneaker that you’ll really, really want this spring? Spice up your life with a pair of these cute AF platform sneakers that are ready to embark on a world tour. Brit + Co Pick: Ash Cute Platform Sneakers ($215)
9. Ugly “Dad” Trainers: They’re so ugly, they’re kinda cute. If you’re ballin’ on a budget, these ’90s-inspired clunkers from Topshop will 100 percent fly with everything from wedgie fit jeans to springtime florals. Brit + Co Pick: Topshop Ciara Chunky Sneakers ($65)
10. All That Glitters: Who even needs a Kirakira+ filter when your low-top fuchsia tennies glisten like diamonds on their own? Brit + Co Pick: Opening Ceremony Glitter La Cienega Low-Top Sneaker ($195)
11. Old-School Velcro Straps: Off-the-wall velcro straps reminiscent of your recess days? Get ’em while they’re haute. Brit + Co Pick: Vans Old Skool V Sneaker ($75)
12. Sock Sneakers: Man-repelling sock sneakers strike the perfect balance between high-fashion and functional. But here’s the clincher: They even look dope styled with a classic trench. Brit + Co Pick: Mango Sole Sock Sneakers ($60)
13. Classroom Doodles: Whimsical doodles bring a playful vibe to any outfit. Wink. Brit + Co Pick: Superga Winking Eye Sneakers ($88)
Which of these on-trend kicks will you be snagging for spring? Follow us on Pinterestfor more style inspo!
Read it on brit.co