mindbodygreen mindbodygreen is a lifestyle media brand dedicated to inspiring you to live your best life - mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and environmentally.
- One Ingredient That Will Make Your Iced Coffee Creamy — No Sugar Addedby Alexandra Engler on June 29, 2022 at 6:02 pm
For coffee devotees, there's little more important in the morning than getting your perfect cup of coffee.
- 12 Signs You're Dating An Immature Person & What To Do Next, From A Psychologistby Carla Marie Manly, Ph.D. on June 29, 2022 at 4:36 pm
No. 2: An unwillingness to take personal responsibility for anything.
- 150+ Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend To Really Get To Know Herby Kelly Gonsalves on June 29, 2022 at 2:04 pm
No. 1: Why do you think you are the way you are in relationships?
- Are You Getting Enough Biotin Daily? Here's How To Knowby Hannah Frye on June 29, 2022 at 12:33 pm
Biotin (vitamin B7) is essential for overall health, with functions ranging from blood sugar balance to beauty benefits.*
- 3 Common Exercise Myths That Are Standing In The Way Of Your Progressby Merrell Readman on June 29, 2022 at 12:03 pm
Plus, the truth.
Food, Planet, Environmentalism and Sustainability | goop Read the latest articles and interviews about food, our planet, environmentalism, sustainability and more on goop.com.
- Getting More Out of Digital Note-Takingby Goop on June 26, 2022 at 11:49 am
Productivity expert and author of Building a Second Brain Tiago Forte explains his approach to managing the vast amount of content that we consume every day.
- How to Use Smile Makers Vibratorsby Goop on June 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
There are many reasons to love Smile Makers,the vibrators that we’ve been carrying (and enjoying) for years. Find the vibrator that is right for you.
- Is Your Marriage Worth Saving?by Goop on June 24, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Family therapist Terry Real is known for helping couples who’ve hit really tough roadblocks—people often go to him on the brink of divorce and emerge from his office reconnected and reengaged. But if the relationship can’t be transformed, his focus is on helping partners let go and eventually ready themselves for a second chance at love elsewhere.
- What Is EMDR Therapy?by Goop on June 23, 2022 at 5:30 am
EMDR therapy has gained increasing popularity, 35 years after it was developed by Francine Shapiro, PhD, for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. Licensed psychotherapist Luz Kyncl discusses how she uses EMDR therapy in her practice.
- How Do Weight Loss and Exercise Affect Fertility?by Goop on June 23, 2022 at 5:20 am
Before women start fertility treatments, standard medical practice is to advise those with obesity to lose weight. This advice does not appear to be evidence-based and is likely a consequence of our society’s fat phobia.This does not appear to be evidence-based and is likely a consequence of our society’s fat phobia. Losing weight does not necessarily increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Exercise does.
- Editors' Picks: The Best (New) Wellness Tools for Summerby Goop on June 23, 2022 at 5:10 am
One of the more fun parts about being a wellness editor is discovering and testing new products—the best of them make it into the goop shop. This month, some highlights included an orgasm balm made for your clit, chocolate squares packed with vitamin D, and more that we can’t stop talking about.
- Does Menopause Affect Your Memory?by Goop on June 23, 2022 at 5:00 am
Researcher Emily Jacobs, PhD, talks memory and brain cognition during—and after—menopause.
- Can Men Get Postpartum Depression?by Goop on June 16, 2022 at 5:20 am
There isn’t a clear set of diagnostic criteria for dads experiencing major mental health shifts after the birth of their baby. But Alan-Michael Graves, EdD, who heads up learning and capacity building programs at Good+ Foundation in Los Angeles, says he sees new fathers struggling in silence with unrecognized postpartum depression.
- Archetype Family: Advocate
- Other Expressions: Naturalist, Defender, Champion of a Cause
- Life Journey: To act as an agent for positive change.
- Unique Challenge: To find causes that engage my strengths, not my personal agenda.
- Lesson To Learn: To do what I can, even if it doesn’t feel like enough.
- Defining Grace: Hope
- Challenge To Self: I will commit fully to a cause, even if it means pledging my time, energy, and money in order to make a difference.
THE ENVIRONMENTALIST: Physically fit and perpetually curious, Environmentalists love having friends and family on hikes, canoe trips, and other forays into nature. They are typically healthy and fearless.
THE CRUSADER: Crusaders are brave, articulate, and moral people who will risk everything for their cause. They are strong and charismatic leaders who use their brains and bodies to achieve their goals.
THE VEGAN/ORGANO: Articulate about their beliefs yet realistic about what the rest of the world is willing to do, they live by example rather than scolding.
THE LAWYER: Intelligent and disciplined, lawyers are high-powered and thick-skinned, qualities that make them game for challenges that frighten others.
THE FEMINIST: Feminists are avid listeners who work well together and understand that the more opportunities they have, the better their lives will be for their children and their families.
THE HUMAN RIGHTS ADVOCATE: Human Rights Advocates have the highest of moral convictions and a hopeful but realistic sense of what can be done to aid the oppressed. They are as brave as they are selfless.
THE OPINIONATOR: Because Advocates work hard to understand their causes, they are knowledgeable about matters that many people intentionally ignore. This can make them opinionated and judgmental to the point of belligerence.
THE HACTIVIST: Tech-oriented Advocates tend to feel that in the Internet age, all information should be free. But when they end up sharing confidential information or content that is protected by law, they run into trouble.
THE ANARCHIST: When Advocates lose a sense of perspective because they believe so firmly in their cause that they are willing to invoke violence to promote it, they become Anarchists.