mindbodygreen mindbodygreen is a lifestyle media brand dedicated to inspiring you to live your best life - mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and environmentally.
- The Only Guide You Need To Conceal Dark Circles, Under-Eye Bags & Fine Linesby Jamie Schneider on August 16, 2022 at 11:08 am
Applying concealer takes some strategy.
- This Expert-Approved Supplement Supercharges The Health Benefits Of Turmericby Sarah Regan on August 16, 2022 at 10:36 am
Turmeric has a host of benefits.
- 3 Good-For-You Habits That Might Actually Mess With A Healthy Poop Routineby Merrell Readman on August 16, 2022 at 10:16 am
Number 2 may come as a surprise (no pun intended!)
- Why This Derm Swears By Postbiotics — Not Probioticsby Alexandra Engler on August 16, 2022 at 10:03 am
In this episode of Clean Beauty School we talk about a multi-level approach to skin care, the latest on the skin microbiome research, and so much more.
- Try This Nightly Lip Care Routine For A Younger-Looking Poutby Hannah Frye on August 16, 2022 at 9:36 am
Ever heard of lip slugging?
Food, Planet, Environmentalism and Sustainability | goop Read the latest articles and interviews about food, our planet, environmentalism, sustainability and more on goop.com.
- Should Psychedelics Be Legal?by Goop on August 11, 2022 at 11:49 am
The movement to decriminalize naturally occurring psychedelics, says Decriminalize Nature cofounder and chair Carlos Plazola, isn’t just about making these drugs no longer illegal. It’s about creating a world inclined toward community, healing, and compassion.
- A Breakthrough in Treating Hair Loss from Alopecia Areataby Goop on August 4, 2022 at 11:49 am
Angela Christiano, PhD, had recently started as an assistant professor at Columbia University when her hairdresser noticed a bald patch on the back of her head. She was diagnosed with alopecia areata and told that the hair loss might or might not progress to her entire scalp or her entire body—and that there was no cure. Twenty-five years later, there is finally a treatment for alopecia areata, a drug that Christiano’s research was central in identifying.
- How to Slow Down Timeby Goop on August 4, 2022 at 11:47 am
Researchers are still uncovering how time is processed in the brain. But our perception of time is just that: our perception. You can play with ways to speed up time in the dullest moments—and slow it down when you want a moment to last.
- Microdosing Psychedelics: Benefits, Risks, and Emerging Researchby Goop on August 2, 2022 at 11:07 pm
Microdosing is the practice of using a small amount of a psychedelic substance with the hope of enhancing well-being. Science has not yet confirmed whether microdosing works, but advocates claim it has vast benefits that are worth further research.
- Energy Healing for Emotional Traumaby Goop on July 28, 2022 at 11:49 am
No matter what you go to energy healer Lisa Cooney for, she’ll ultimately guide you to an early-childhood experience where you felt trauma for the first time. And she’ll help you energetically untangle the link between what you believed about yourself then and who you are now.
- Navigating a Quarter-Life Crisisby Goop on July 28, 2022 at 11:48 am
In early adulthood, most of us face a choice between security and what gives us meaning, purpose, and identity. Psychotherapist Satya Doyle Byock believes there’s a middle ground.
- How to be Sexually Creative, according to 6 Expertsby Goop on July 28, 2022 at 11:47 am
We went to six sex experts, advocates, and founders with one question: How do you get creative, sexually? And we got six different takes on mixing it up with a lover, mixing it up alone, sexting, sex toys, and the erotic power of a wandering mind.
- How to Heal from an Old Injuryby Goop on July 21, 2022 at 11:49 am
When you ignore an injury and hope it’ll go away on its own, it eventually catches up with you. Wellness editor Kelly Martin will never do that again. But she’s found what works if you’re already in her situation: good myofascial treatment, regular corrective exercise, and a collection of at-home tools for long-term healing.
- Archetype Family: Advocate
- Other Expressions: Naturalist, Defender, Champion of a Cause
- Life Journey: To act as an agent for positive change.
- Unique Challenge: To find causes that engage my strengths, not my personal agenda.
- Lesson To Learn: To do what I can, even if it doesn’t feel like enough.
- Defining Grace: Hope
- Challenge To Self: I will commit fully to a cause, even if it means pledging my time, energy, and money in order to make a difference.
THE ENVIRONMENTALIST: Physically fit and perpetually curious, Environmentalists love having friends and family on hikes, canoe trips, and other forays into nature. They are typically healthy and fearless.
THE CRUSADER: Crusaders are brave, articulate, and moral people who will risk everything for their cause. They are strong and charismatic leaders who use their brains and bodies to achieve their goals.
THE VEGAN/ORGANO: Articulate about their beliefs yet realistic about what the rest of the world is willing to do, they live by example rather than scolding.
THE LAWYER: Intelligent and disciplined, lawyers are high-powered and thick-skinned, qualities that make them game for challenges that frighten others.
THE FEMINIST: Feminists are avid listeners who work well together and understand that the more opportunities they have, the better their lives will be for their children and their families.
THE HUMAN RIGHTS ADVOCATE: Human Rights Advocates have the highest of moral convictions and a hopeful but realistic sense of what can be done to aid the oppressed. They are as brave as they are selfless.
THE OPINIONATOR: Because Advocates work hard to understand their causes, they are knowledgeable about matters that many people intentionally ignore. This can make them opinionated and judgmental to the point of belligerence.
THE HACTIVIST: Tech-oriented Advocates tend to feel that in the Internet age, all information should be free. But when they end up sharing confidential information or content that is protected by law, they run into trouble.
THE ANARCHIST: When Advocates lose a sense of perspective because they believe so firmly in their cause that they are willing to invoke violence to promote it, they become Anarchists.