Creative Content from around the Web
Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine
- 'Rocking Chair Rebellion' of Senior Citizens Joins Climate Protestby Margaret Osborne on March 22, 2023 at 9:35 pm
- Mexico's Chichén Itzá Is Getting a New Museumby Sarah Kuta on March 22, 2023 at 8:57 pm
- Scientists 3D Printed a Slice of Cakeby Will Sullivan on March 22, 2023 at 8:32 pm
- Metallica Just Bought Its Own Vinyl Record Factoryby Sarah Kuta on March 22, 2023 at 6:46 pm
- U.N. Climate Change Report Calls for Urgent Actionby Will Sullivan on March 22, 2023 at 4:34 pm
POPSUGAR Living Top Living Stories
- 9 West Elm Rugs That Will Transform Any Room Overnightby Kyley Warren on March 23, 2023 at 1:30 am
- TikTok Is in a "Hot Guys Cooking For Views" Era, and It's Giving Me the Ickby Taylor Andrews on March 22, 2023 at 10:30 pm
- 12 Stylish and Durable Rugs to Elevate Your Outdoor Spaceby Angela Elias on March 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm
- 38 Bite-Size Easter Appetizers Everybody Will Devourby Erin Cullum on March 22, 2023 at 2:20 pm
- I Know It's Not the Point, but Joe Goldberg's Got One Hell of a Kitchenby Victoria Messina on March 21, 2023 at 11:15 pm
A Beautiful Mess Crafts, Home Décor, Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflowerby Emma Chapman on March 22, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Roasted cauliflower has to be one of the most underrated side dishes of all time. It’s quick and easy to make, goes with almost anything, and costs very little. There are SO many ways to customize the flavor—this roasted cauliflower recipe will never be boring. Cauliflower is awesome, truly! It’s nutrient dense as well as…
- Honey Mustard Dressingby Elsie Larson on March 21, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This honey mustard recipe is delicious when used as a salad dressing or a dipping sauce for veggies, chicken nuggets, or fries. It’s simple to make with only six ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen! Recently, I have been on a homemade salad dressing kick and I am CONVINCED that homemade dressing…
- Episode #175: Spring Bucket Listby Elsie Larson on March 20, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This week, we are talking about our spring bucket list, and Emma is sharing all the exciting details about her second novel! Plus, we are doing our book report about Think Again by Adam Grant. You can find the podcast posts archive here. A big thank you to our sponsors! Check out the offers from…
- 10 Things I Love Sundayby Jacki Moseley on March 19, 2023 at 1:00 pm
The weather is unseasonably cold this weekend, but I’ve been forcing myself to bundle up and take walks. Walking is like free therapy for me—I always end up feeling better. In other news, I enrolled Norman in a training class and we have “homework” every week. It’s pretty darn cute … and a good challenge…
- Bread and Butter Picklesby Emma Chapman on March 18, 2023 at 1:00 pm
This bread and butter pickles recipe is EASY. To be more specific, these are bread and butter refrigerator pickles; so you won’t have to learn how to can in order to make homemade pickles. Bread and butter pickles are a little different from classic dill pickles in that they tend to be a little sweeter…
- Other Expressions: Performer, Creator, Storyteller
- Life Journey: To explore the heights of imagination through new forms of creativity.
- Unique Challenge: To overcome the fear of being unoriginal.
- Lesson To Learn: To develop artistic gifts rather than ignoring them.
- Defining Grace: Creativity
- Challenge To Self: I will develop my talent and express myself without letting fear of failure hold me back, and stand by my artistic point of view in the face of criticism.
THE CHEF: More than any other Creative types, chefs have the ability to make everyone around them happy by cooking, and often do so spontaneously at gatherings. Their knowledge of food interests all kinds of people because while not everyone cares about art, everyone cares about eating.
THE CHILD: Not yet cynical, open-minded, expressive, and inspirational to others lost in the banalities of life, children bring the gift of fresh eyes and playful ideas to everyone around them.
THE POET: The Poet possesses a zen-like ability to appreciate and help others to see the humor and loveliness of simple things.
THE NOVELIST: Novelists are disciplined, but they can also be fun because they love to get out of the house after a hard day’s work. They can also be fabulous storytellers and convivial drinking partners.
THE ROMANTIC: Honest and unguarded, romantics are willing to invest in relationships as an act of creation, using every ounce of energy and imagination. They are also enthusiastic guides when it comes to introducing others to all things of great beauty.
In the Shadow - Meet the Shadowed members of the Performer Family. Everyone has a dark side, what is yours?
THE COPYCAT: While imitation may well be the sincerest form of flattery, it can be self-destructive and embittering to the Creative who is so desperate to express himself that he highjacks the work of someone else to make his mark on the world.