Do you have to have it (whatever it may be)? Even when you get it, does the dose never quite seem like enough? And those times when you can’t get it, will you obsess and plot until you find another way? Will you go through withdrawals? Will you spend all your money, hurt people, and risk the things in life you hold most dear all to get it? Then, hello, Addict!
- Forming harmful bonds and behaviors
- Trading self-control for a momentary escape
- Being secretive about their problem
- Continuing their behavior despite dire consequences of doing so
- Wasting time and energy in self-defeating practices