Explorer Content from around the web
Travel Stories, News, and Guides for Discerning Travelers - AFAR Discover digital travel stories, news, guides, podcasts, and videos from the experts at AFAR Media, and subscribe to the AFAR newsletter or print magazine.
- 4 Caribbean Islands That Don’t Require a U.S. Passportby AFAR Media on March 28, 2023 at 2:09 am
Pack sunscreen for these tropical getaways, but leave the passport at home.
- What the Northern Lights Mean to Different Culturesby AFAR Media on March 28, 2023 at 12:47 am
Mystical foxes, the torches of gentle giants, spirits kicking around a walrus skull—humans have interpreted the northern lights in many ways over time.
- Delta is Adjusting Its International Routes—Here Are the Main Changedby AFAR Media on March 27, 2023 at 10:10 pm
New York–JFK and Atlanta are the two hubs that will be affected by the service cuts.
- This Is Your Last Chance to Apply for Hilton Credit Cards and Earn up to 150,000 Pointsby AFAR Media on March 27, 2023 at 5:36 pm
These offers end March 31.
- Are You a Potterhead? Here Are 7 Filming Locations You Can Visitby AFAR Media on March 25, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Restricted libraries. Hogwarts. Platform 9 ¾. Visit all the places that helped shape the story of the Boy Who Lived.
Travel Find facts, photos, information and history, travel videos, flags, and maps of countries and cities of the world from National Geographic.
- Is melatonin safe, and can it affect your dreams?by Allie Yang on March 27, 2023 at 12:00 am
The dosing in these popular over-the-counter sleep supplements can vary wildly from what’s printed on the label, which can result in side effects. Here’s how to use it safely.
- Why we still don’t fully understand the tornado-climate change relationshipby Sarah Gibbens on March 27, 2023 at 12:00 am
Unlike heat waves and floods, research on climate change and tornadoes is still in its infancy.
- Mexico just got slapped with rare sanctions for its failure to protect wildlife. Here’s why.by Dina Fine Maron on March 27, 2023 at 12:00 am
The unusually harsh punishment will block the country from selling its regulated wildlife abroad as exotic pets or souvenirs.
- National park reservations: What you need to knowby Elisabeth Kwak-Hefferan on March 27, 2023 at 12:00 am
Timed entry passes have helped with overcrowding, but the new system has created winners and losers.
- Rare leucistic penguin spotted in Antarctica. See the photo.by Jason Bittel on March 24, 2023 at 12:00 am
The odd bird, an Adélie penguin, has a genetic mutation that affects the amount of pigment in its feathers.
- Archetype Family: Discovering
- Other Expressions: Adventurer, Trailblazer, Traveler
- Life Journey: To follow paths that are self-discovered. Inspire others to explore uncharted territory.
- Unique Challenge: To be unafraid to commit: to settling in one place, with one person, and one style of life; to recognize that exploration can be emotional as well as physical.
- Lesson To Learn: To take the initiative while coordinating with others to break barriers and accomplish great things.
- Defining Grace: Self-Motivation
- Challenge To Self: I will climb every mountain, feel every moment.
THE PIONEER: You go where no one has gone before mentally and physically You see, you think , you go forever seeing uncharted territory. You change the world. Where here you go can be disruptive and even dangerous. You also have trouble “staying”.
THE DISCOVERER: You explore the sky, the earth, and the sea. You enjoy looking forward, backward and beyond. You stuggle with boredom and relating to the present moment.
THE ADVENTURER: Adventurers are enthusiasts. They are up for anything and can handle change with aplomb.
THE TRAVELER: Travelers are always game to go someplace new. Enthusiastic, worldly, and adventurous without being danger junkies, they can be trusted to advise about destinations that are off the beaten track.
THE SEEKER: Charming and able to adjust to all kinds of situations, Seekers can bring new perspectives about life to anyone who is curious enough to ask them to describe what they’ve experienced.
THE INDIVIDUALIST: Individualists are exciting to be around because they are always in the vanguard and always ready to take issue with anything too constraining or boring.
In the Shadow - Meet the Shadowed members of the Explorer Family. Everyone has a dark side, what is yours?
THE NOVELTY-SEEKER: Explorers have a hard time appreciating what they have already accomplished because they always feel there is more to do. This compulsion may cause them to leave tasks in their present reality, unfinished.